The WL290 has the following core technologies:
High Performance Filtration: This model can be configured with four stage reverse osmosis filtration or multistage carbon filtration depending on water conditions. These processes remove water contaminants and chlorine to improve water taste and odor.
In-tank UV Sanitization: The recirculating cold-water system passes water by the UV multiple times every hour to maintain the microbiological purity of the water.
BioCote® Anti-Microbial Protection: The water reservoir and plastic surfaces surrounding the dispensing area are BioCote® protected to provide an effective barrier against microbes like bacteria and mold, which may cause odors or staining.
- Large chilled recirculating reservoir for high capacity cold water production
- Improved design allows for 4x more cold-water capacity
- The recirculating cold-water system passes water by the UV multiple times every hour to maintain the microbiological purity of the water GAC filter inside the cold reservoir to provide ongoing protection from taste and odors
- Choice of reverse osmosis or carbon filtration to fit local water conditions
- Ultraviolet technology reduces bacterial growth
- Large water storage capacity for a constant supply of cold water on demand
- Gravity-fed storage tank providing additional stored water for the reverse osmosis system also ideal for low pressure installations
Water is the most consumed food & beverage product. Yet it is the least certified. The meat, seafood, dairy and many of the grocery products we consume are subject to strict food safety guidelines, inspection and standards. Even though the same rigorous controls should be expected of water, a surprising number of under certified, low quality water coolers make it into the market. A POU water dispenser is not just a glorified water chiller. It should purify your water at the POU (Point of Use) – this requires sophisticated technology and in depth knowledge of your incoming water. Water borne diseases are normally not evident to the eye. Effects can be long term from lead, chlorine, etc. Each year there were many cases of illnesses caused by drinking contaminated water. Most are minor and go unreported. Low grade POU (not adequately certified) can even worsen the quality of tap water (sitting in cold tanks without UV purification etc.) The only way to guarantee quality water is to filter and purify at the “Point of Use” (i.e. At the point at which it is dispensed) by using an independently certified, quality POU dispenser.